Kristen Wiig is one of my favorites. So, here are ten reasons why.
1. She began, like so many great comic actors today, at the Groundlings.
2. She appeared as Dr. Pat, the marriage counselor with multiple marriages, on THE JOE SCHMO SHOW. One of the funniest reality shows ever (no Youtube video).
3. The Target lady.
4. The inappropriate newly divorced reporter (no Youtube video).
6. Her KNOCKED UP character. (Can't find it online, sooooooo how about another Penelope video)
7. Her Nancy Pelosi.
8. With Alec Baldwin, she was part of the Bobby McFerrin car sketch (no Youtube video).
9. She appeared in not only the “**** in a box” digital short, but the “Dear Sister” short as well.
10. And, my favorite, as one of the “Two A-Holes”
EDIT (2-27-08) - Please note, this list was made before she gave the world "Virgania Horsen's Hot Air Balloon Rides", one of her greatest skits ever.
EDIT (4-7-08) Reason #12 The surprise party sketch
EDIT (4-13-08): Reason #13 why I love Kristen Wiig, Judy "Just Kidding" Grimes
EDIT (5-18-08): Reasons #14 and #15 why I love Kristen Wiig:
Starring as Pam in the real original version of THE OFFICE
"Bless This Child"
Kristen is featured in the Comedy Issue of GQ, on newsstands now.
EDIT (11-23-08): Another reason to love Kristen Wiig.
As the adult retainer spokesperson.
ADDED 1-4-09: A great profile of Kristen Wiig in the New York Times.
Here is Kristen Wiig as Gilly.
And as Judy Grimes again. How does she do this? How can she speak this fast?
Here is Kristen Wiig as Bjork
Here is Kristen Wiig as Barbie